In 1857, The founder of Petrof Pianos, Antonin Petrof leaned how to built grand pianos in Vienna. By 1865, Antonin Petrof transforms his father’s joinery workshop into a piano maker’s workshop with the workshop later moving to a new property in the direction of Brno. The company then started with keyboard production and the construction of action and later begin exporting instruments abroad, later opening a subsidiary in Temesvar in Hungary. By 1908, the company became a limited company. Not only the founder Antonin Petrof but also his sons Jan, Antonin and from 1914 the youngest Vladimir (2nd generation) work for the company.
Later, Petrof together with the significant American manufacturer STEINWAY had opened a subsidiary in London at Wigmore Street. By 1932, the company management enlarges the company administration with the 3rd Petrof generation: Dimitrij, Eduard and Eugena.