ABOUT SCHULZE POLLMANN
In 1923 the new factory was transferred to Turin, and at almost the same time, another renowned piano builder from Germany, Schulze of Zwickau, moved to Bolzano in northern Italy. The two companies merged in 1928 to create Schulze Pollmann, managed until 1942 by Paul Pollmann, whose son, Hans Pollmann, was the technical director of the company from the 1950’s till the 1970’s.
Hans had learned his craft under the personal supervision of his father before moving away to Braunschweig for a while to manage the famous Schimmel company.
In recent years, Schulze Pollmann has implemented an ambitious program of investment and expansion, opening several new factories to satisfy the increasing demand for its upright and grand pianos.