In 1885, the first Schimmel piano was born. It was built by Wilhelm Schimmel in a small workshop in Leipzig, Germany. His philosophies ‘Quality will prevail’ and ‘Solid workmanship is the best patent’ are the foundation for the outstanding quality of his instruments.
It has always been an important responsibility for Schimmel to offer quality instruments to the young, growing pianists at an affordable and fair price. In following this task and in acknowledging the founder Wilhelm Schimell, Schimell is manufacturing again today affordable quality pianos under the Wilhelm brand.
Based on the contemporary and innovative Schimmel designs and manufactured in a Schimmel owned facility in Europe, it is made possible to offer a quality instrument ‘made in Europe’ at an excellent price.