The history of the Perzina Piano begins on July 1, 1871. on that day Julius and Albert Perzina opened their shop in Schwerin. This small, yet pleasant town was then home to some 40.000 people. It was the capital of the Grand Duchy of Mecklenburg-Schwerin, in the north of Germany. A lake emphaises Schwerin’s beauty. More lakes surround it and just beyond the perimeter a magnificent 19th century Castle guards the town. In 1910 the court pianist, Ida Sothmann, played her Perzina Piano here.
By 1919 , in turbulent times, the grand Dukes Relinquished their power. In 1871 Julius and Albert were in their late twenties. They were the sons of a Saxon piano builder and wanted to continue their father’s work. The Perzina brothers followed training rooted in the rich traditions of centuries, receiving thorough training in all skills needed to build the perfect instrument.